A lot has happened since then and I think it is only fair to give you a timeline before a full relaunch of this blog.
I am sure that the full story will be flushed out as I move forward on the blog.
- Summer, 2010 - Trip'n Daddy has a successful stem cell transplant and the Trips spend 8 weeks with Saba and Savta at AM and UM
- October, 2010 - Trip'n Daddy officially loses his job, just as he gets medical clearance to return. We decide to read the signs and finally make Aliyah in July, 2011.
- February, 2011 - Final tests results indicate that Trip'n Daddy is in remission.
- March, 2011 - We leave on a 5 week pilot trip that will include Pesach with AM and UM. Trip'n Daddy has the okay from the doctors to go.
- April 7, 2011 - Trip'n Daddy has a really bad chest cold with some breathing problems. He is admitted to Shaarei Tzedek Medical Center in Jerusalem.
- April 8, 2011 - He is intubated, medically sedated, and moved to ICU with a nasty cases of PCP pneumonia.
- April 14, 2011 - We officially make Aliyah. We are not returning to the U.S.
- Rest of April -May 24, 2011 - Trip'n Daddy fights for his life, including battling 3 different types of pneumonia. His heartbeat is strong until the rest of his body gives out.
- May 25, 2011 - Trip'n Daddy is laid to rest on Har HaMenuchot in Jerusalem.
- We start the rest of our lives. Stumbling in grief, but always looking up.